This website contains a personal blog written and edited by me, Sandi Schwartz. As the owner of this website, I may have advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation, which are clearly marked on the site. There might also be paid topic insertions. I will accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
All such collaborative efforts will relate to the website’s mission, to help families build a nature habit to feel happier and calmer. I will only endorse companies, products, and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement.
Regarding book and other product reviews: I take pride in giving my honest opinion and assessment of all the products that are submitted to me and experiences that I may be given. I reserve the right to opt out of publishing a review if I do not feel that I can be fair about my opinion. All product or service claims should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely and entirely my own. I do not claim to be nor make an effort to be an expert on a certain topic, product, or service.
This website is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment, or services to you or to any other individual. This website and links to other websites provide general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this website, or through links to other websites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and such information should not be used in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or healthcare provider.
Finally, guest writers may have conflicts of interest, and their opinions are their own.
Ecohappinessproject.com may collect certain personal information from you when you register to use the website or its services and features, such as any email newsletter, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and location. We may also collect additional personal information, including your physical address, in order to deliver products. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our site, such as their Internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We collect this information in several ways, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. We may use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visits and to improve the content and services on our site.
- Web Server Logs: Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- IP Addresses: Our system may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our site.
- Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Ecohappiness Project is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, (such as blog comments) Ecohappiness Project will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
Information from Minors
Ecohappiness Project does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Nor do we collect information from any individual under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe that your child has registered on our site or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
How Information Is Used
Ecohappiness Project does not sell or rent your contact information to any third parties. Except as otherwise disclosed to you, we will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without notifying you of our intent to share the personal information in advance and giving you an opportunity to prevent your personal information from being shared.
We may use your personal information within ecohappinessproject.com and associated websites to:
- conduct and process transactions with you;
- improve the website and the content and services offered on the site;
- enforce legal terms that govern your use of the laws applicable to the site;
- protect the website, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others; and
- for any other purposes for which the information is collected and maintained.
We may use your non-personally identifiable information to analyze the usage of our site, improve the design and content of our site, deliver relevant marketing messages, personalize your Internet experience, and offer you products and services. In some cases, we may use your IP address to identify you in order to enforce any legal terms that govern our site or to protect our site, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others from injury or harm.
How Information is Shared
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
At times we may disclose your personal information as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. We may also be required to disclose information about you if we determine that for security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property. We may also share information if it becomes necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
How Information is Protected
Ecohappiness Project takes reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information that we collect and maintain against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or that any communication or transmission of such information over the Internet will be entirely secure.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us via email.
Third-Party Websites and Links
Ecohappinessproject.com may link to websites, products, and services operated by third parties. Ecohappiness Project is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Website, any website accessed from a Third Party Site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
These linked websites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Ecohappiness Project and associated companies are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the website administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
You may have the right to “opt in” and “opt out” of certain uses of your personal information. For example, at the time you are requested to provide personal information on any of our websites, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to receive correspondence from us. You may opt out of any email communications with Ecohappinessproject.com by clicking the opt-out link in our messages, or by sending us a message stating that you would like to be removed from a specific email list, or all communications entirely. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe or opt-out from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account transactions. You may be contacted by an Ecohappinessproject.com representative in connection with your relationship to us after purchasing an ebook, course or product in order to deliver this product or ensure customer service.
Sandi Schwartz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.