Have you noticed the cute Little Free Libraries sprouting up all over the place? In case you are not familiar with the Little Free Library program, it is a nonprofit organization based in Wisconsin with a mission to be a catalyst for building community, inspiring readers, and expanding book access for all through a global network of volunteer-led Little Free Libraries. There are now over 125,000 Little Free Libraries in over 100 countries around the world, sharing more than 42 million books annually.
I was inspired by author, Christina Dankert, and her 50 State Challenge to spread kindness with her book, The Kindness Machine. Taking a cue from her, I decided to kick off my own 50 State Challenge to spread ecohappiness.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Purchase a copy of either Finding Ecohappiness or Sky’s Search for Ecohappiness (or both).
- Pop it in a Little Free Library in your area or while traveling. Find a location near you.
- Take a picture. Post it to Instagram and/or Facebook with the name of the state and #ecohappiness. Be sure to tag us @getecohappiness.
- Send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know what state you donated the book(s).
- I will add the Ecohappiness Project logo to all the states submitted.
If you are outside the U.S, you can still participate. I would love to be able to add a country challenge as well! Just follow the instructions above and include your country.
Thank you for spreading ecohappiness!